Taxis In Willenhall

Yellow Willenhall Taixs is a leading taxi and private hire firm based in the walsall area. It has been serving the community for the past 15 years. We specialise in private hire vehicles, minibus and taxis in the willenhall area.

  • Immaculate Modern Fleet
  • Local and National Service
  • Airport, Station & Port Transfer Specialists
  • Book 24 Hours a Day
  • We operate 365 Days a Year
  • Corporate Services
  • Meet and Greet Service
  • Minibus Services
  • Account Facilities
  • Only company to have a text car service in Walsall
  • Our own in house disablity awarness programme
  • Every airport transfers has their own acocunt manager

We have over seventy drivers serving the needs of the community. Whether it be a family embarking on a summer holiday, a business traveller or picking up executives from the airport you can trust Yellow Taxis Willenhall to provide a professional and reliable service that will transport you safely, in comfort and, most importantly, on time every time.

Willenhall is a medium sized town in the Black Country area of the West Midlands of England, with a population of approximately 40,000. It is situated between Wolverhampton and Walsall, historically in the county of Staffordshire. It lies upon the River Tame.

The northern border of Willenhall has always been adjoining green belt land, although Willenhall has expanded so much in the last 100 years that its northern border has been moved by about two miles. This is mostly due to housing developments in the Short Heath and New Invention areas.

Willenhall was a small agricultural village throughout the Middle Ages. From Tudor times, the natural mineral wealth began to be exploited with ore being sent out to charcoal furnaces in nearby Cannock Chase. The iron product was then returned to be turned into small metal goods. Nails were a common product and by the end of 17th century Willenhall had a healthy hand trade, making grid irons, curry combs, bolts, latches and coffin handles. According to the Hearth Tax Returns in 1665, Willenhall comprised 136 households and 894 persons. The population did not increase dramatically until the 18th century when iron and coal began to be fully exploited. The town grew up around the Market Place and Stafford Street with many tiny streets crammed with houses, workshops and pubs. Evidence of the town’s growing prosperity is still visible today in the Dale House, once the home of the Hincks family and 33 Market Place, the home of the Clemsons, both maltsters.

The epidemic shocked the town into improving conditions, and in 1854 the Willenhall Local Board of Health was founded, a forerunner of Willenhall Urban District Council which took over in 1894.

The entertainment industry in Willenhall was boosted in 1914 by the opening of the town’s first cinema, the Coliseum. It was followed a year later by the Picture House. A third cinema, the Dale Cinema, opened in the town in 1932. However, the closure of The Dale at the end of 1967 signalled the end of cinemas in Willenhall after 53 years. The building was later converted into a bingo hall and since December 1999 has been a J D Wetherspoon public house.

Posted in Uncategorized.