Cheap Shifnal taxi to and from Birmingham Airport at the cost of £44.00 for a car

Yellow Taxis cover Shifnal to Birmingham Airport for the fraction of the cost compared to its competitors. For only £44.00 each way for a normal car, you can relax and in trust yellow taxis to get you to the airport and back on time, every time.

Yellow Airport taxis have been serving the transport needs of the public for the last 20 years, its management team has a combined experience age of over 100 years. With over 70 drivers you can rely on Yellow airport taxis.

For more infomation please email bookings@yellow-taxi.co.uk or call now on 0121 526 7000.

Shifnal is a market town and civil parish in Shropshire, England, about 3 miles (4.8 km) east of Telford. It has a railway station on the Shrewsbury-Wolverhampton Line and is near to the M54 motorway. At the 2001 census, it had a population of 6,391.

Church of England: St Andrews’ Church on Church Street has a Norman chancel with an Elizabethan double-hammerbeamroof and was almost certainly built on the site of an older Saxon church. Its churchyard contains war graves of 13 soldiers of World War I and 4 of World War II, who are all commemorated by a Screen Wall memorial.

In the 1968 Shifnal Carnival was launched, a revival of the Shifnal Club Day – itself deriving from an annual parade by the ‘Dove Club’ friendly society. Taking place on the last Saturday of June, a funfair is set up on the main street, as well as the usual procession.

In 2010, after research as part of the town plan, The Shifnal Festival was revived due to residents expressing interest for a festival of arts, culture and entertainment.

In the 1990s and 2000s Shifnal become well known throughout the region for its annual Christmas lights display, which attracted visitors from the outside the town.

There are several sporting facilities in Shifnal, including the Idsall Sports Centre, which is attached to Idsall School; the school, in the past, receiving a number of prominent football celebrities from the nearby FA School of Excellence at Lilleshall.

Shifnal was formerly home to a squash club and swimming pool for 35 years, but this has since closed, and following its demolition has been replaced with a housing development.

The village, as it would have been in 1086, is recorded in the Domesday Book. The initial part of the entry states: Robert, son of Theobald, holds of Earl Roger Iteshale. Earl Morcar held it.”

This entry records that possession was lost by the Saxon Earl Morcar when he rebelled against the Norman conquerors.

The church of St Andrews has a Norman chancel and was almost certainly built on the site of an earlier bum church. It was a collegiate church or minster with a chapter of priests administering to the needs of congregations in outlying settlements. St Andrews lost its collegiate status when it was given to Shrewsbury Abbey c. 1087.

Posted in Uncategorized.