Yellow taxis have been serving the transport needs of the public for the last 20 years, its management team has a combined experience age of over 100 years. With over 70 drivers you can relay on Yellow taxis.
For more information please email email@example.com or call now on 0121 526 7000.
Acocks Green first developed north of the current centre at the roundabout where the Warwick Road meets Shirley and Westley Roads. This area was known Tenchlee or Tenelea, meaning ‘ten clearings’. The settlement that developed here has completely disappeared. Huyon Hall and Broom Hall were moated manor houses located in the area. During the end of the 18th century, the Warwick and Birmingham canal was cut through Acocks’ Green. This resulted in wharfs being constructed at Stockfield Road and Yardley Road. The increased prosperity brought by the canal prompted the construction of farms and large residences.
There are a number of statutorily listed buildings cottages at 89-93 Arden Road (Grade II), the Baptist Church on Yardley Road (Grade II), the Baptist church hall on Alexander Road (Grade II). As well as this, there are locally listed buildings; the fire station (Grade B) and caretaker’s house (Grade A) on Alexander Road, police station on Yardley Road (Grade B), a house on the corner of Elmdon Road, and the library on Shirley Road (Grade A). In Fox Hollies Park, there is a Bronze Age burnt mound with Schedule Monument status.
The masterplan and the proposal to establish a community association were publicly announced in October 1989 in a public meeting to the residents of the estate who unanimously approved the plans. Stockfield Community Association was formed in 1991 and a redevelopment partnership was then formed between the Community Association, Birmingham City Council, Halifax Building Society and Bromford Carinthia Housing Association, with Anthony Collins Solicitors and Webb Seeger Moorhouse Community Architects giving support.
Christianity was the most prominent religion in the ward at 64.3%, above the city average of 59.1%. Islam was the second most selected religion at 7.7%, although “No Religion” had a higher percentage at 13.7%.
Trams first arrived in Acocks Green in 1916. They first stopped at Broad Road, before stopping at the Green from 1922. The centre of Acocks Green was remodelled in 1932, and a large island incorporating the tram terminus was created. After the tram service ended, the island was grassed over to become the Green.
Stockfield Estate was one of Birmingham’s many interwar housing estates, built by the local council during the 1920s and 1930s to rehouse people from inner-city slums. The houses were popular on their completion thanks to the inclusion of electricity, running water, gardens, indoor toilets and bathrooms