What are your terms and conditions?
The following terms and conditions apply to all services provided by Yellow Cars trading as Yellow Taxis. By booking a journey with yellow cars you agree to the following terms and conditions.
- 1.1 The “service provider” is Yellow Cars.
- 1.2 The “customer” is the person who accepts any offer of service.
- 1.3 “Passenger” is the person travelling or in the case of a group the person named on the booking form.
- 1.4 The “service” is the transportation service the service provider and the customer agree.
- 1.5 The “booking form” is the document which outlines details of the service and makes part of the email sent to the customer confirming the service/booking.
- 1.6 “Booking confirmation” is the email sent to confirm the service/ booking.
- 1.7 “Driver confirmation or reconfirmation” is the email sent with driver details normally sent 24 hours prior to the date of the service.
- 1.8 “Booking” is the request for transportation from the customer.
2. Terms of service
- 2.1 Prices for the service will be published on the website www.yellow-taxi.co.uk or other prices agreed in writing at the time of confirmation of booking.
- 2.2 The prices are subject to change without notice. However, prices agreed and confirmed by the service provider and the customer will be held.
- 2.3 Any changes to the service may result in alteration to the prices, to reflect any changes to the cost to the service provider.
- 2.4 Any bookings made for the 24, 25, 26, 31 December and 1 January will attract a additional charge of 50% on prices published and quoted by other communication methods.
- 2.5 Bookings/request for service can be made by telephone, e-mail or through the online booking facility.
- 2.6 The service provider can cancel any booking/request for service prior to confirmation.
- 2.7 Where bookings are made by telephone, fax, or e-mail the customer will be required to accept terms and conditions.
- 2.8 The customer must supply all information required for by the service provider. This will include flight details, destination addresses, passenger details and baggage details and any other information required by the service provider.
- 2.9 The service provider will not be responsible for errors in information provided by the customer. All information sent by the customer will be returned to the customer for verification in a booking form and needs to be confirmed. If no confirmation is received from the customer the service may be cancelled.
- 2.10 The customer will be responsible for checking the details provided in the booking form for accuracy. In situations where the service provider was unable to provide a service due to inaccurate information condition 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, and 3.5 will apply.
- 2.11 You may amend any details provided in the booking form at any time. Any amendments to the flight details, destination or vehicle type made within 48 hours of the scheduled pick up/meeting time could result in cancellation of service and cancellation charges as described in 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, and 3.5 will apply. The service provider may alter prices to reflect costs to the service provider. In such circumstances, the service provider will make every effort to provide a service.
- 2.12 The service provider may subcontract work to other agencies from time to time.
- 2.13 If the customer chooses to pay for the service by cash on the day. An advance of 25% will be required.
- 2.14 Where there is a big variation to the flight’s scheduled arrival the service provider will make every effort meet the customer as agreed. However the service provider will not be responsible for delays in these circumstances.
- 2.15 Where the passenger is being met at the airport our driver will arrive at the airport as arranged and wait for one hour. If the passenger or customer does not either contact the driver or the service provider via the telephone numbers provided in the booking confirmation or driver confirmation, the driver will leave the airport and cancellation charges will be levied as described in 3.2, 3.3, 3.4 and 3.5.
- 2.16 The service provider will make every effort to provide a service with minimum inconvenience. However circumstances beyond the control of the service provider may prevent execution of the service. The following are some examples of such circumstances:
- Accidents causing traffic delays
- Restricted vehicular access
- Exceptional or severe weather conditions
- Complying with requests by the law
- Vandalism and terrorism
- Industrial action
- Delays caused by other customers
- Extraordinary changes to flights status of your or other customers
- Any other situation that will affect the provision of the service.
- 2.17 If the passenger is unable to find the driver on exiting the secure area at an airport, the passenger must contact either the driver or the service provider via the telephone numbers provided in the booking confirmation or driver confirmation. Failure to contact the service provider or the driver will result in 100% of the fare and any other waiting time being charged to the customer.
- 2.18 The service provider will use every reasonable means to ensure that the vehicle(s) arrive at the appointed time stated in the booking form. The service provider will not incur any liability whatsoever in the event of any delay due to causes beyond its control. All our vehicles are insured for passenger and third party claims as required by the licensing authority. However, whilst every care is taken, customers’ property is carried entirely at their own risk and no responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage. Customers are advised to check their own travel insurance.
- 2.19 The service provider reserves the right to refuse to carry any person who is thought to be under the influence of alcohol drugs or and/or whose behavior is considered to pose a threat to other passengers, the driver, or the vehicle.
- 2.20 All drivers are self employed, yellow cars can not be held liable for the conduct of the drivers.
- 2.21 In the event of a vehicle break down whilst on route to the pickup point or destination, yellow cars will try and arrange another vehicle, if the passenger is delayed or late yellow cars can not be held responsible.
3. Cancellation and booking fees.
- 3.1 Once a booking is confirmed the service provider will charge the customer a fee of GBP 5 per booking to cover administrative costs.
- 3.2 Any cancellation advised 3 to 6 hours prior to the agreed meeting or pick up time the customer will incur a charge of 20% of the agreed fare or GBP 10 whichever is higher.
- 3.3 Any cancellation within 3 hours of the agreed meeting or pickup time the customer will incur a charge of 100% of the agreed fare.
- 3.4 Where a booking is made within 48 hours of the pick up or meeting time condition 3.2, 3.3, 3.4 and 3.5 will apply in case of a cancellation.
- 3.5 The service provider may agree to waive conditions in 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, and 3.4 or reduce the charge, only in exceptional circumstance. In such circumstances the service provider may require proof. In enforcing these conditions the service provider will be considerate and consider all representations made by the customer. However in any event the charge made will reflect the cost incurred by the service provider.
- 3.6 Where a payment has been made in advance by card the card transaction costs currently 6% will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- 3.7 Cancellations can be advised by the customer either by email or telephone.
- 3.8 By email – The time and date of receipt when the email reaches the service provider will be deemed to be the time and date of cancellation.
- 3.9 By fax – no fax service is available.
- 3.10 By telephone – If the customer speaks to a member of the service provider’s staff a time and date of cancellation will be agreed with the customer which will be deemed to be the time and date of cancellation.
- 3.11 You may postpone or amend booking. Where a postponed booking is cancelled the customer will incur a charge of 100% of the agreed fare regardless of when the cancellation is made.
4. Waiting charges.
- 4.1 The driver will arrive at the airport as arranged and wait for 30 minutes. Any further waiting time will be charged at the following rates:
- Ten pounds every fifteen minutes
5. Methods of payment.
- 5.1 The following methods of payment are acceptable:
- We accept credit and charge cards
- Cash in sterling pounds.